|Position Title:||Java Developer|
|Reports to:||Chief Technology Officer (CTO)|
|Primary Location:||7900 International Drive, Bloomington, MN 55425|
Do you want to be excited about your work and have it truly appreciated by colleagues and customers alike?
Do you want to be part of a close-knit team focused on being the best at what they do?
Do you want to be part of a company that operates with values based on making a positive difference?
At OPIN Systems we design and implement report management and digital workflow solutions that drive significant and rapid improvements in profitability and organizational effectiveness. It is not unusual for projects to result in an ongoing payback many times the investment. Our Customer-facing solutions emphasize convenience, security, and a satisfying on-line experience. OPIN’s goals are to enhance profitability, reduce cost and risk, and improve organizational agility. OPIN is known for value, innovative technology and extraordinary customer-centered service.
As a Java Applications Developer, you will be predominantly involved in developing and enhancing custom client solutions. You will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of application features consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver superior customer business value.
This role is expected to design / build cutting edge web applications using Java and collaborate with other members of the development team.
- Participates and develops new software releases, creating unit test coverage, and assists in creating implementation plans.
- Contribute to the creation and documentation of optimal architecture and system designs from defined customer requirements
- Conducts and participates in code reviews with other development team members
- Provides input in to best practices techniques and tool selection
- Work with team to Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools
- Identify and resolve production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of Java developed projects
- Provide technical support and consultation for Java application and infrastructure questions
- Partner closely with development team members to perform analysis, architectural and system design, development, and implementation of custom web-based applications
- Coach/mentor less experienced developers
- Minimum 3+ years of Java development experience
- Proficient database design and SQL skills
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and make decisions in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience working in a variety of project methodologies, including (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Able to implement new features and maintain codebase following coding standards and best practices
- Proficient executing in an agile methodology for development
- Customer oriented focus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.